Deadline: 17 December 2018
Open to: all photographers and other image makers from all disciplines
Benefits: cash prizes
Previously the Wellcome Image Awards, the newly relaunched competition will reward pictures that show the importance of health in society and the impact health issues have on people and communities worldwide.
Entries that can captivate people with stories of science and medicine, and start conversations about some of the health challenges humanity faces today are looked for.
Whether you are a research scientist, a documentary or clinical photographer, an artist, or a photojournalist, this is a great opportunity for you to inspire people to think differently about health, medicine and life.
- Any person in any country can enter the prize, except for people directly involved with organizing and/or judging the competition. Collaborative works will be accepted;
- The competition is free to enter.
- Images will be shortlisted and then winners chosen by a panel of high-profile judges;
- The winner of each category will receive GBP 1,250, with the overall winner receiving a prize of GBP 15,000. Prizes will be presented at an awards ceremony in London on 3 July 2019;
- All the winning and shortlisted entries will go on show in a major public exhibition at Lethaby Gallery, Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London, from 4-13 July 2019;
- If you’re a winner, they will also offer you opportunities to take part in events to showcase your work to a range of audiences. The winning images receive extensive international media coverage each year;
- The winner of the Medicine in Focus category will be invited to produce the Julie Dorrington commission, a photo story exploring and documenting a patient’s journey with their condition.
HOW TO APPLY?
In order to apply, please click here.
For further information please visit the official website.