Deadline: 05 February 2019
Open to: excellent and highly motivated students of all nationalities with an outstanding academic record
Benefits: student contracts sufficient to cover the monthly living costs in Freiburg
The IMPRS fellows have 3 to 4 years to obtain their degree. Most of this time they work on their individually supervised research project. In addition to the experimental part all fellows have a possibility and are obliged to participate in curricular activities of the programme. These are:
- scientific and soft skills courses
- institute seminars
- PhD retreat
- supervision of undergraduate students
- conference attendance
- career evenings
They welcome applications from excellent and highly motivated students of all nationalities with a passion for science. The program expects:
- outstanding academic record (GPA >80%, first or upper second class degree, top 10% of students in a given year)
- practical lab experience of at least 4-6 months
- excellent English language skills (TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent certificate recommended -not required- if you are not a native speaker or did not complete your University education in an English-speaking country)
- Formal requirement: Applicants must hold an MSc/Diploma in Biology/ Biomedicine/ Biochemistry/ Bioinformatics or related subject (to be obtained before start of program in September).
Students receive student contracts according to the guidelines by the Max Planck Society for the duration of their PhD (3-4 years). The payment is sufficient to cover the monthly living costs in Freiburg. There are no tuition fees to be paid.
How to apply?
Applications can be submitted via our online application tool.
For further information, please visit the official webpage.