Deadline: 20 January 2019
Open to: students enrolled in high school or undergraduate programs
Benefits: cash prizes
The Girls Impact the World Film Festival is an annual event that focuses on issues facing women and girls around the world. High school and undergraduate students, submit your 3-6 minute short films that address global women’s issues such as: education for girls, maternal health, violence against women and girls, and a variety of other issues.
The Red Carpet Event for the 2019 awards ceremony will be held in Austin, TX, USA on Saturday, April 13, 2018. Mark your calendar!
Students enrolled in high school or undergraduate programs are qualified to enter. If chosen as a finalist, filmmakers must provide proof of enrollment at their school/university. (Special circumstances may be considered for youth who are not in school.) Filmmakers must be 25 years old or under by the submission date of January 20, 2019.
- Judges’ Choice Grand Prize: USD 5000
- Judges’ Choice 1st Runner Up: USD 2500
- Judges’ Choice 2nd Runner Up: USD 1000
- Gems’ Choice Grand Prize: USD 1000
- People’s Choice Winner: USD 2500 (based on the total number of fb likes + tweets – winner will be chosen from top 10 most popular) *
- Most Innovative Film or Solution prize: USD 1000
- Ian Somerhalder Foundation Green IS Prize – USD 2500
- HONEST BEAUTY Prize – USD 2500
- Global Impact Prize: USD 2,500
- Stand Up Men Prize: USD 2,500
- Girls in STEM Prize: USD 2,000
- Let Girls Learn Prize: USD 1,000
How to apply?
Before submitting, please check:
1)Does your film address at least one of the GITW issue areas (see guidelines page)?
1A) GREEN IS entries, please check box below, “Enter this film into the Green IS Contest”.
2)Is your film between 3 – 6 minutes?
3)Are you a current high school or undergraduate student?
4)Is your submission an ORIGINAL film?
5)Did you include the End Marker still image in your film?
Please read ALL Film Requirements before submitting your film.
For further information, please visit the official web page.