Deadline: 28 February 2019
Open to: applicants with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and two or more years of relevant experience
Benefits: health insurance, flight and visa costs, and a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, and shared housing
The Atlas Corps Fellowship is a 12-18 month Fellowship in the United States for the world’s top social change leaders. Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations to develop leadership skills and learn effective practices through the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab professional development series and networking opportunities with other Fellows.
- Two or more years of relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading);
- Age 35 or younger;
- Apply to serve in a country other than where you are from (U.S. citizens are not eligible for the U.S. Fellowship);
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month Fellowship;
- Commitment to living on a basic stipend that only covers food, shared housing, and local transportation.
Fellows – but not their dependents – receive:
- Program-related international travel;
- Program-related domestic travel;
- Basic health insurance that covers new injuries and illnesses;
- Monthly stipend for basic living expenses (shared housing, food, local transportation, and a phone plan);
- Documentation (DS-2019) that enables the Fellow to obtain a J-1 visa;
- Placement at a Host Organization;
- Participation in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab (leadership development training series).
How to apply?
They consider applications on a rolling basis, though they encourage you to apply as soon as possible to be considered for Host Organization placements. The application is a multi-step process. The Fellow Classes start four times a year: January, April, July, and October.
For more information, please visit the official web page.