Deadline: 31 May 2019
Open to: professional photographers and young photographers above the age of 18
Benefits: the Felix Schoeller Photo Award awards prizes and awards worth EUR 35,000.00
The Felix Schoeller Photo Award is organized by Felix Schoeller Holding GmbH & Co. KG, Burg Gretesch, 49086 Osnabrück (“organizer”) and aims to promote sophisticated photography and contemporary photo design. The competition comprises 5 thematic categories as well as the special categories “German Peace Prize for Photography” and “Best Young Work”.
The Felix Schoeller Photo Award is aimed at two groups of contributors:
- Professional photographers: All professional photographers, photo designers and artists who make the most of their livelihood in photography or film making (ie more than 50%).
The organizer has the right to demand proof of employment from submitters. If this proof can not be provided, the organizer reserves the right to exclude the work concerned from the competition.
The submitter of this group can submit their work in the 5 thematic categories of the competition as well as in the special category “German Peace Prize for Photography”.
Submission in the Best Young Workers category is not possible for them.
- Young photographers : All photographers in their studies or vocational training as well as photo assistants. Participating up-and-coming photographers must provide proof of their work (study certificate, training contract, photo assistants confirm their work as a photo assistant by at least one professional photographer for whom they work as a photo assistant). Young photographers within the meaning of the competition are also those photographers whose studies, vocational training or work as photo assistants date back more than 6 months at the time of submission and who do not yet fulfill the conditions as professional photographers or film designers (see also 2.1.1.).
Up-and-coming photographers can only submit their work in the special category “Best Young Work”. The decisive factor is whether the submissions at the time of submission are still young photographers in the above sense.
Submission in the 5 thematic categories of the Felix Schoeller Photo Award and in the special category “German Peace Prize for Photography” is not possible for up-and-coming photographers.
All submitters, whether professional or young photographers, must have reached the age of 18 at the time of their submission
All in all, the Felix Schoeller Photo Award awards prizes and awards worth EUR 35,000.00. They are distributed as follows:
- The submitters of all nominated works receive a certificate and their nominated work will be published in any case
- The winners of the thematic categories will each receive a prize money of EUR 2,000.00.
- The overall winner of the competition (“Best of Show”) receives the Felix Schoeller Photo Award in Gold. This is endowed with an additional prize money in the amount of EUR 10,000.00.
- The winner of the special category “German Peace Prize for Photography” receives a prize money of EUR 10,000.
- The winner of the special category “Best Junior Work” receives the Young Talent Award. This prize is endowed with a prize money of EUR 5,000.00.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you must register an account.
For more detailed information, please visit the official web page.