Deadline: 30 April 2019
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: fully funded
MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2019, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
MOFCOM Scholarship supports the Master’s program for 2-3 years or Ph.D. program for 3-4 years. Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program if such a program is available. When only Chinese-taught program is available, students should take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study.
In order to promote mutual understanding, cooperation and exchange in politics, economy, culture, education, and trade between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teacher, and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities. Chinese Government scholarship supports international students, teachers, and students to pursue degrees at all levels or non-degree studies and to conduct research in China.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program;
- be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- be under the age of 45 when applying;
- have sufficient English or Chinese proficiency which meets the academic requirements of the program. English: IETS 6.0 or above, Chinese: HSK level 4（score180） or above, or other evidence which indicates your English or Chinese proficiency is adequate.
- tuition waiver;
- on-campus accommodation;
- around USD 444.80 per month per master student,
- around USD 518.93 per month per Ph.D. student;
- medical insurance;
- one-time round-trip international air tickets.
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the official web page.