Deadline: different deadlines according to the master’s programme of your choosing
Open to: students who hold or are on track to obtain an excellent bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a university outside Germany
Benefits: a monthly scholarship amount of EUR 1,000 for the period of the programme
The Goethe Goes Global scholarship for master’s programmes is a groundbreaking project, and unique in the academic landscape of Germany. In this programme, up to 20 scholarships are awarded per year. For more information on the various consecutive master’s degree programmes (content, requirements, a language of instruction etc.) supported by Goethe Goes Global, please follow this link.
The purpose of the scholarship is to foster your academic career and support you during your master’s studies. A master’s degree is the prerequisite for starting a Ph.D. in one of the research units at Goethe University. This could contribute to your career as an outstanding researcher and specialist in your field.
Some programmes even offer participation in our strongest research units (collaborative research centers, LOEWE CENTERS and Clusters of Excellence) at the university, appropriate for those of you interested in research. If you’re interested in one of our programmes and your primary motivation is research, please name your preferred research unit in your application.
-You hold or are on track to obtain an excellent bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a university outside Germany;
– You’re looking for an interesting master’s programme and are considering a Ph.D. in the long run;
– You seek a stepping stone to start a successful, international career and funding for your master’s programme;
– You’re well versed in your academic discipline and are particularly interested in research;
– You want a platform to exchange ideas with other international researchers about the topics you are passionate about;
– You are seeking hands-on experience in research under the supervision of excellent professors in a renowned university with state-of-the-art facilities;
– You are highly motivated to conduct research.
– A monthly scholarship amount of EUR 1,000 for the standard period of a master’s programme at Goethe-University (generally 2 years);
– Support and orientation from an experienced master’s student buddy during your studies;
– Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at our Graduate Academy (GRADE), normally open only to Ph.D. students and postdocs;
– Access to an innovative research environment and networks that connect you with fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers;
– Career support through Goethe University’s Research Support Office;
If you opt to select a research unit in your application and the research unit is nominating you, you will receive:
– The option of having excellent academic supervision by professors and academic staff who, in most cases, work in the distinguished research units at the university;
– The option to write your master’s thesis and other seminar papers or do an internship in an appropriate research unit at the university;
– Insight and involvement in the activities of multidisciplinary research groups at Goethe University.
How to apply?
You can apply using the following link.
For more information, please visit this website.