Deadline: 29 March 2019
Open to: existing leaders in the field and established mid-career researchers
Benefits: opportunity for leading researchers to undertake high quality, ambitious and transformative research with high impact
The Alan Turing Institute is launching this first call for Turing Senior AI Fellowships and Turing AI Fellowships in partnership with the Office for AI and UKRI.
Fellowships will cover a broad view of AI, including applications of foundational disciplines across mathematical sciences, statistical sciences, computational sciences and engineering. Consideration may also be given to AI work that interfaces with the life sciences, social sciences or humanities. Fellows will be expected to collaborate as appropriate across disciplines, and will have the opportunity to collaborate with academia, industry, government and the third sector.
These Fellowships will cover two levels of expertise:
- Turing Senior AI Fellowships are available to existing leaders in the field (already demonstrating leadership equivalent to a full professorial position);
- Turing AI Fellowships are available to established mid-career researchers with recognised leadership potential.
These Fellowships provide the opportunity for leading researchers to undertake high quality, ambitious and transformative research with high impact, through the award of flexible funding. Fellows will have the opportunity to spend time at the Turing, working collaboratively across the Institute and benefiting from:
- Networking opportunities across the Turing’s university partner network;
- Introductions to potential industry partners, collaborators and government bodies;
- National and international research collaborations facilitated through the programmes and supporting teams;
- Opportunities to shape the future of the AI landscape through advocacy, influencing policy and leadership;
- Access to the Turing’s Research Engineering Team.
Fellowship funding can be used flexibly and can include:
- 0.5-1 FTE Fellow salary contribution;
- Research Associate and Research Engineer salary and PhD student stipend/fees etc;
- Travel and subsistence;
- Research opportunities e.g. pilot projects;
- Direct and in-direct costs.
How to apply?
To make your application, please use the Flexigrant Grant Management System.
For more information, please visit the official web page.