Deadline: 28 March 2019
Open to: citizens of one of the – EU Member States who have relevant experience in the field of tangible and/or intangible cultural heritage between 25 and 32 years of age
Benefits: all expenses related to the participation in the Forum will be covered
The European Young Heritage Professionals Forum will take place from 20 to 24 May 2019 in Zadar, Croatia to explore potential synergies and challenges of working on tangible and intangible cultural heritage in the European context.
The Forum will enable participants to enhance project management and communication skills by working on their own heritage projects with experts and peers from across Europe. In addition to building a community, the young professionals will be encouraged to become active ‘cultural heritage messengers’ by spreading the message on the importance of cultural heritage protection and safeguarding in their own communities and beyond.
The European Young Heritage Professionals Forum is organized by UNESCO in partnership with the European Union within the joint project ‘2018 – European Year of Cultural Heritage: Engaging Youth for an Inclusive and Sustainable Europe’. It will be hosted by the Croatian Commission for UNESCO and the Croatian Ministry of Culture. The Forum is developed in close cooperation with the non-governmental organization Diadrasis.
Participants are expected to:
- have relevant experience in the field of tangible and/or intangible cultural heritage;
- be citizens of one of the – EU Member States;
- be between 25 and 32 years of age by the date of application;
- be fluent in English (the Forum will be held only in English);
- submit a project proposal (idea, or a project in initial implementation stages) focusing on tangible and/or intangible cultural heritage to further develop during the Forum;
- be committed to become an engaged ‘Cultural Heritage Messenger’ at the European, national and local levels.
All expenses related to the participation in the Forum will be covered for the selected participants (including transportation – economy class, meals and accommodation for the duration of the Forum).
How to apply?
All interested candidates are invited to consult the Call for Applications and Preliminary Programme.
In order to apply, please fill the online application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.