Deadline: 3 May 2019
Open to: young leaders who aim to use technology to address the UN Sustainable Development Goals in their own community or country
Scholarship: fully funded participation in the One Young World Summit 2019
Applications are open for the Cambridge Consultants’ Code for Good Scholarship Programme as well as participating in the One Young World Summit 2019. Scholarship recipients will receive remote mentoring, an intensive two-week residency at our Cambridge (UK) headquarters and support in developing their innovations.
Cambridge Consultants is a world leader in disruptive innovation and technology-based consulting. Established in 1960, our world-class engineers, designers, scientists, and consultants solve the world’s most complex engineering, technology and design problems to deliver world-firsts.
Through six decades of innovation, we have demonstrated the power of technology to solve complex problems at scale. This year we’re excited to partner with One Young World to identify and support young leaders who share our belief in the power of technology to alleviate suffering and empower a new generation.
The Cambridge Consultants’ Scholarship has been established to support young people who want to apply technology to address the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Applications using data analysis, artificial intelligence, language processing, novel designs for Human Interaction or similar fields are particularly interesting to us. Your innovation can be wholly software or some large product or service where software is just one of the important parts.
This scholarship is designed to support young leaders* who aim to use technology to address the UN Sustainable Development Goals in their own community or country.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Developing expertise in technology, software or design;
- A passion for pressing sustainability issues;
- A developing concept to apply technology to drive progress on the Sustainable Development Goals.
They are particularly keen to connect with innovators working to address Goal 13: Climate Action, but would welcome applications from people working on:
- Goal 4: Quality Education
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Goal 14: Life Below Water
- Goal 15: Life on Land
*Most One Young World scholars are between the ages of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 by the date the programme begins (10 June 2019).
- 3 months of remote mentoring and support to develop your innovation;
- Guided access to our prototype and development capabilities and laboratories;
- Travel to Cambridge (UK) and accommodation for 2 weeks between 7 and 21 October;
- Workplace-based mentoring and support at our Cambridge (UK) headquarters;
- Fully funded participation in the One Young World Summit 2019;
- Support in developing, or launching and refining your innovation.
How to apply?
Apply online through this link.
For more information, please visit this official website.