Deadline: 30 June 2019
Open to: youth from all around the world
Benefits: USD 1,000 in prize money
Everything begins with an idea, and some of the best ideas come from the youngest imaginations.
In 2019, ICAO is asking world youth to submit their amazing ideas for new aircraft types, and how they can improve or expand upon the way that powered flight serves humanity today.
These new ideas can be for piloted or unmanned aircraft, of any size or shape, and there’s no limit to what you can propose they can be used for in our skies, or even in outer space!
- The contest submission deadline for all age groups is 30 June 2019.
- At end July 2019, national winners will be announced on ICAO’s Future Aviation website, in addition to our Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
- National winners will then be assessed during August 2019 to determine Regional winners for the North and Central America and Caribbean area, South America, West Africa, East Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific. These winners will also be highlighted on ICAO’s Future Aviation website, in addition to our Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
- Global winners will then be selected and announced during ICAO’s World Aviation Forum and Innovation Fair, being held at ICAO HQ from 22-23 September 2019.
- The winner of the 18+ Prototypes Competition will also be given the opportunity to come to Montreal to receive their award, with airfare and accommodation for two nights in Montreal being provided for by ICAO.
A winning idea will be selected later this Fall, with the contributor receiving USD 1,000 in prize money.
How to apply?
In order to apply, and for more information, please visit the official web page.