Deadline: 4 July 2019
Open to: all young people who are aged between 18-35 years old at the time of submitting his or her application
Benefits: cash prizes
The Village Story is funded by the Department of Cultural Promotion. Thailand’s Ministry of Culture, Tourism Authority of Thailand, Thai Airways and Thai Smile is now seeking talented story curators who are invited to explore one of Thailand’s most amazing villages.
They have 22 incredible villages around the country that pride themselves on their rich culture, fascinating history and traditional legacy – all of which have been preserved for visitors to come and experience today. This travel experience will only be funded for the 44 participants (comprising 22 foreign nationals and 22 Thai nationals) that are selected by the project’s committee.
This project gives you the chance to meet a local ‘hero’ from one of the villages – an opportunity learn more about their unique story and local wisdom, which they will be eager to share.
You will also have the chance to pick up some traditional skills, discover more about yourself as you move out of your comfort zone in rural Thailand, and gain a new perspective on life all at the same time. There are many incredible stories and experiences to be had here, and we waiting for someone to craft a great story of their own and present it to the world once they arrive back home
- The Competition is open to all young people who are aged between 18-35 years old at the time of submitting his or her application and are not prohibited or restricted from doing so by the laws of Thailand or their country of citizenship;
- Proficiency in English Language, both spoken and written;
- Good communications and networking skills;
- Strong experience and skills in: blogging, vlogging & storytelling;
- Photography and video creation skills;
- Be willing to contribute your skills and time for the community.
- Most Talented Story Curation for both Thai nationals and foreign nationals
The 2 main winners (1 foreigner and 1 Thai) will be the participants who are judged to have created the most inspiring content (scoring 50% above from the judge of committee, 50% of the highest number of social media engagements – Total number of followers, shares, comments, tags, tweets & retweets);
5 winners will be chosen from the separate foreign and Thai participant groups (10 winners in total). Both of the 5 foreign and 5 Thai winners will equally receive the following prizes (ranked from 1st to 5th place):
- Rank 1 will receive an education fund with the value of around USD 3189.25 (100,000 baht)
- Rank 2 will receive an education fund with the value of around USD 2232.47 (70,000 baht)
- Rank 3 will receive an education fund with the value of around USD 1594.62 (50,000 baht)
- Rank 4 will receive an education fund with the value of around USD 956.77 (30,000 baht)
- Rank 5 will receive an education fund with the value of around USD 318.92 (10,000 baht)
- All participants will receive a certificate from Thailand’s Department of Cultural Promotion, Ministry of Culture;
- All participants will receive 5-10% from each tour voucher sold during the given duration after the trip.
How to apply?
In order to apply and read more information about this opportunity, please read the official web page.