Deadline: 5 July 2019
Open to: problem solvers and sustainability champions below 35 years old
Venue: 23 – 24 October 2019, Oslo, Norway
The Our Ocean conferences were initiated by Secretary of State John Kerry in 2014, with the aim to put oceans on the foreign policy agenda, and create a platform where leaders from government, business and civil society meet on an equal footing to promote action and innovation for clean, healthy and productive oceans. The Oslo conference will highlight the importance of knowledge as the basis of our actions and policies to ensure sustainable future economic growth. It will emphasize integrated management of sea and coastal areas as the key to protection and sustainable use of the oceans.
The intended theme for the Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit is “Co-creating the Sustainable Blue Economy”. Following Norway’s global leadership in integrated ocean management, the summit programming will intend to inspire, inform, and empower participants to build holistic solutions that better balance the needs of society, industry and the ocean environment.
Problem-solver, sustainability champion, students, young professionals below 35 years old who have an interest in sustainability and contributing in solving our planet’s greatest challenges: ocean acidification, marine pollution, habitat destruction, and overfishing to name a few.
It is not mandatory to already be an ocean advocate and educated on ocean challenges. They will provide a series of online boot camps (webinars) in the lead up to the summit to build a foundation for the boot camp.
- The 100 selected participants from over 50 countries will receive one complimentary guest pass and scholarship to the summit;
- Participate in a solution-driven bootcamp to apply knowledge and technology that can help us protect our oceans;
- Raise your profile and network with 500+ policymakers, corporate leaders, heads of international organizations, foundations, and NGOs;
- Receive mentorship and develop your professional skill sets by learning from business, government, and science experts;
- Meet with entrepreneurs who are building scalable ocean startups to help protect and sustain our ocean;
- Become an #SOAOceanLeader and join our global community represented in over 130 countries.
How to apply?
Please submit your application online here.
For more information, visit the official website.