Deadline: 2 September 2019
Open to: PhD candidates, current post-docs, recent PhD graduates and recent post-doctoral graduates from all over the world
Benefits: fully-funded trip to Germany and monetary award
The Allianz Climate Risk Research Award supports scientific research that improves the understanding of climate change-related risks. The 2019 Award focuses on how science can help insurers deal with extreme weather and climate risks.
The Award is intended to support researchers whose research focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change
- Fostering resilience by applying technological solutions
Four finalists receive a monetary award and are invited to an Award ceremony at Allianz Headquarters in Munich on 26 November 2019 to present their findings and take part in an interactive discussion with renown experts from both industry and academia.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- you are an individual author;
- you submit only one research;
- you are a Ph.D. student, or postdoctoral researcher (recent Ph.D. graduates and postdoctoral graduates can also apply if the defense of final research to obtain title is not more than two years at the time of the application).
- if you are selected as a Finalist, you must attend the Award Event in Munich and present your work in person.
– EUR 7.000 First finalist
– EUR 5.000 Second finalist
– EUR 3.000 Third finalist
– EUR 2.000 Fourth finalist
- Invitation for a one-day Award event in Munich with all costs covered;
- Exposure of the finalists’ research projects on the website allianz.com;
- Exclusive insights into the insurance industry’s work on climate change and extreme weather events;
- Participation in a discussion round with the Award’s jury, experts and other guests from Allianz Group and academia.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.