Deadline: 12 August 2019
Open to: amateur and professional photographers all over the world
Award: first prize 2000 EUR
The concept of the Bird in Flight Prize is to support photographers who think outside the box of traditional artistic standards. The contest is not about photo projects that cater to the existing general demand. It’s about discovering new ways to tell a story using the means and tools of photography.
The jury of the Bird in Flight Prize include photographers, curators and publishers from Ukraine, Latvia, the Netherlands, Canada, and South Africa.
- Bird in Flight Prize (“Contest”) is open to residents from all over the world except countries where it is prohibited by law;
- Entrant shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry;
- For the Entrants under 18 years of age, the permission of a parent or guardian is required;
- By entering the Contest, Entrants under 18 years of age indicate that they have obtained the permission of a parent or guardian;
- Employees, officers, and directors of Deposit photos Inc., as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, and grandparents), and same household members of such employee, officer, and director, are not eligible to enter.
First Prize is 2,000 EUR
The shortlisted pieces will be published on the Bird in Flight site, printed in the Photo Kyiv catalog, and showcased at the exhibition which will take place 1-4 November at the Photo Kyiv art fair, located in Kyiv at Chicago Central House.
Nomination Panasonic Readers’ Choice Award
This nomination will consist of 30 photo series selected by the editorial board of Bird in Flight. A winner will be chosen by open voting through the contest website.
The prize is a Panasonic Lumix G9 camera.
Ten participants will receive a rare opportunity to get in-depth reviews of their work by the jury board members Roman Pyatkovka, Maarten Schilt, Hester Keijser, and Donald Weber.
How to apply?
Before applying please read the Official Rules of the contest.
- The contest accepts photo series of 5-12 photographs. If needed, authors may choose to Upload any other media file along with the initial folder [not to exceed 200 megabytes combined];
- Technical requirements: images of up to 5 megabytes in size, formatted as .jpg or .png24;
- Photos, collages and all other images must be copyrighted by the applicant [or a copyright should be duly acquired in a legal manner];
- The application fee is 10 EUR
In order to apply, please fill out the form.
For more information please visit the official website.