Deadline: 30 September 2019
Open to: professionals and students of graphic and visual arts
Awards: honorary distinctions and the top three will receive substantial cash prizes
Following the great success of the 4th International Poster Contest about Typography, with 570 entries from 51 countries, the Museum of Typography in Chania expands its field of interest and invites artists from around the world to participate in the 5th contest themed “Typography – window to the world”.
The invitation is mainly for professionals and students of graphic and visual arts who wish to design an original poster inspired by their homeland, featuring the culture, characteristic monuments – symbols, the natural environment, the history, the people, even the things that need to be changed.
The 30 posters selected by the jury will receive honorary distinctions and the top three will receive substantial prizes:
- 1,500 EUR for the first winner
- 1,000 EUR for the second winner
- 700 EUR for the third winner
How to apply?
1) Interested parties should send their work from Monday, July 15th to Monday, 30th September 2019 at the email: typography.poster(at)gmail.com. Participation must be accompanied by a text file with the name of the author, the place of residence and contact details (telephone and email) and – optionally – a short description of the project (up to 100 words). The name of both files should be the name of the contestants in Latin characters.
2) Dimensions should be 50 × 70 cm. PDF, CMYK, image at 200 ppi and not exceed 25 Mb. Otherwise the work should be sent with wetransfer, or similar service. A low resolution (.jpg) file should be attached for web use.
3) The contest is open to anyone who wants to take part with the possibility of sending only one original project created specifically for the competition. Employees of “Haniotika News” SA and the “Printing Museum of Yannis & Eleni Garedaki” are excluded from the contest.
4) Interested parties can find the Museum’s logo at www.typography-museum.gr/logos.pdf
5) The results of the competition will be announced at the awards ceremony that will be hosted at the “Museum of Typography” amphitheater. After the ceremony, the results will be announced in the newspaper “Haniotika Nea”, at www.haniotika-nea.gr, at the website of the museum www.typography-museum.gr and on the official website of the museum on facebook www. facebook.com/MouseioTypographias.
In order to apply and read more information please visit the official website.