Deadline: 25 February 2020
Open to: architects, engineers, planners, project owners, builders and construction firms for projects at an advanced stage of design with high probability of execution
Benefits: prize money totals USD 2 million
The LafargeHolcim Awards seek leading projects of professionals as well as bold ideas from the Next Generation that combine sustainable construction solutions with architectural excellence.
The LafargeHolcim Awards promote innovation in sustainable construction through a series of regional and global competitions. Prizes at both levels total USD 2 million for each three-year competition cycle.
Independent juries hosted by associated universities of the Foundation evaluate the submissions:
- Members of the Awards jury for Europe
- Members of the Awards jury for North America
- Members of the Awards jury for Latin America
- Members of the Awards jury for Middle East Africa
- Members of the Awards jury for Asia Pacific
The “target issues” for sustainable construction serve as evaluation criteria:
- Innovation and transferability – Progress
- Ethical standards and social inclusion – People
- Resource and environmental performance – Planet
- Economic viability and compatibility – Prosperity
- Contextual and aesthetic impact – Place
The Main Awards category is open to architects, engineers, planners, project owners, builders and construction firms for projects at an advanced stage of design with high probability of execution. The Next Generation category for young professionals and students up to 30 years of age seeks visions and bold ideas. In both categories, execution of the project may not have started before January 1, 2019.
LafargeHolcim Awards main category
The total prize money for each of the five regional LafargeHolcim Awards competitions is USD 330,000 including USD 260,00 in the main category:
- LafargeHolcim Awards Gold USD 100,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Silver USD 50,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Bronze USD 30,000
- 4 x LafargeHolcim Awards Acknowledgement prizes of USD 20,000 each
LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation category
The total prize money for each of the five regional LafargeHolcim Awards competitions is USD 330,000 including USD 70,00 in the Next Generation category:
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation 1st prize USD 25,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation 2nd prize USD 20,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation 3rd prize USD 15,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation 4th prize USD 10,000
Global LafargeHolcim Awards
The 15 recipients of regional LafargeHolcim Awards Gold, Silver and Bronze are automatically nominated for the Global LafargeHolcim Awards in 2020. The prize money of the Global LafargeHolcim Awards competition is USD 350,000:
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards Gold USD 150,000
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards Silver USD 100,000
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards Bronze USD 50,000
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards Wild Card from a budget of USD 50,000
How to apply?
In order to apply you must register an account.
For more information please visit the official website.