Deadline: 31 October and 10 November 2019
Open to: all applicants from all over the world
Award: cash prize (Grand Prize, Award of Excellence, Special Prize)
Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2020 (TAAF2020) calls for unique animation works with high potential and strong messages, both feature and short animation, from all over the world. The aim is to screen high-quality animation works superior in originality, provide opportunities to inspire the audience as well as creators, cultivate new talents, and contribute in the development and promotion of animation cultures and industry.
Festival Period: March 13 (Fri)-16 (Mon), 2020, Tokyo, Japan.
- Work must have been completed on, or after, January 1, 2018 (regardless of country of origin, and whether it is professional, amateur or student work);
- Work that has been theatrically released, broadcast, or distributed for profit in Japan for a certain period prior to March 12, 2020 is not eligible for the Competition (such work would qualify under the “Anime of the Year” category). Screening at film festivals and previews are not considered “for profit” herein;
- Work that has been nominated to TAAF in the past will not accepted;
- No submission fee is required.
During the TAAF2020 period, the appointed Competition Jury shall, after impartial deliberation, select the winners of the following prizes:
- Grand Prize, Feature Animation Category (cash award of around EUR 4132.23)
- Award of Excellence, Feature Animation Category (cash award of around EUR 826.44)
- Toshima City Award
- A Special Prize and cash award that may be established at the discretion of the Competition Jury or supporting organization
How to apply?
For more information, and how to apply, please visit the official web page.