Deadline: 1 February 2020
Open to: students enrolled at a regular university, who are matriculated in a graduate or postgraduate programme as of 1 February 2020, from any field of study, born in 1990 or later
Venue: 7–8 May 2020, Sankt Gallen, Switzerland
The St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award is a global student essay competition, offering students who study at graduate or postgraduate level around the world the opportunity to apply for participation at the St. Gallen Symposium.
In order to apply for the participation in symposium, students are required to write an essay on the topic “Freedom Revisited: Which aspects of freedom need to be defended, or recalibrated, to meet the challenges of our time?”
The following criteria must be met:
Form Essay (max. 2,100 words, excl. bibliography & footnotes)
Deadline 1 February 2020, 11:59 p.m. last time zone (UTC-12)
Anonymity Your name must not be mentioned anywhere in the contribution file.
Individuality Individual work expected, no group work allowed. The essay must be written exclusively for this contest. The idea must be the author’s own.
Citation All sources must be cited and referred to the respective part in the essay. All contributions will be tested for plagiarism.
- Enrolled in a graduate or postgraduate program (master level or higher) in any field of study at a regular university;
- Born in 1990 or later;
Make sure you can provide the following documents:
- Copy of passport or other identification (in English for non-Roman languages);
- Confirmation of matriculation/enrolment from your university which proves your enrollment in a graduate/postgraduate level program as of 1 February 2020 (download sample document here);
- Your contribution file with no indication of your name in the file name, the file metadata or the file itself.
- The authors of the best 100 essays qualify as Leaders of Tomorrow and the participation in the St. Gallen Symposium is free for them;
- Moreover, expenses for travel, board, and lodging are covered by the organizers;
- Besides, the prize money of around EUR 18416.20 will be split amongst winners.
How to apply?
For more information about the symposium and application guidelines please visit the website.