Deadline: 25 November 2019
Open to: applicants that are 30 years old or younger, or enrolled in part-time or full-time education
Award: cash prizes, grant
The IAFOR Documentary Photography Award was launched by The International Academic Forum (IAFOR) in 2015 as an international photography award that seeks to promote and assist in the professional development of emerging documentary photographers and photojournalists. The award has benefitted since the outset from the expertise of an outstanding panel of internationally renowned photographers, including Dr Paul Lowe as the Founding Judge, and Ed Kashi, Simon Roberts, Simon Norfolk, Emma Bowkett, Monica Allende, Jocelyn Bain Hogg, Maria Teresa Salvati and Ziyah Gafic as Guest Judges.
Now in its fifth year, the award is widely recognized by those in the industry and has been supported by World Press Photo, British Journal of Photography, Metro Imaging, MediaStorm, Think Tank Photo, University of the Arts London, RMIT University, The Centre for Documentary Practice, and the Medill School of Journalism.
The award follows the theme of IAFOR’s Media and Cultural Studies conferences, with 2019’s theme being “Reclaiming the Future”.
Applicants must be 30 years old or younger on November 25, 2019 or enrolled in part-time or full-time education on November 25, 2019 (proof may be required)
- A cash prize of 1,000 GBP from The International Academic Forum (IAFOR);
- A grant of up to 500 USD towards airfare and accommodation, and a scholarship to cover full conference registration fees for the IAFOR conference at which their work will be showcased;
- Acceptance into the Metro Imaging Mentorship Programme together with 1,000 GBP credit to spend on Metro Imaging services such as scanning, printing, and mounting;
- Included in World Press Photo’s final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass;
- Tuition fee waiver for a MediaStorm Multimedia One-Day Workshop and free access to MediaStorm’s Online Training Videos;
- Think Tank Photo Airport Advantage roller bag;
- Photography to be exhibited at IAFOR conferences in Japan, Hong Kong, Spain, USA and UK
How to apply?
For more information on how to apply please visit the official website.