Deadline: 15 December 2019
Open to: applicants currently enrolled in a bachelor or master (or combined) program
Benefits: travel, visa expenses, housing- and living costs covered
The Computer Science Department at ETH Zurich offers the Student Summer Research Fellowship to allow undergraduate and graduate students to obtain research experience during the summer months.
Research opportunities are available in the following areas:
All applicants fulfilling the following conditions are eligible for the program:
- You can attend the entire fellowship period from July 1st to August 31st. (Note that this time is fixed and cannot be changed);
- You are currently enrolled in a bachelor or master (or combined) program and your expected graduation date is earliest in spring the year after the fellowship.
The amount provided covers housing- and living costs. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
How to apply?
You will be asked to fill in personal data and upload several documents:
- Your CV. Please use the Europass format.
- Official academic transcript from your home university. Use the grading system that your university provides – the grading system on the GPA scale that you have been graded on.
- Letter of motivation/personal statement (max 1 page). Describe in your own words why you have chosen your proposed scientific area of research. Explain what you hope to accomplish by coming to ETH and how it will support your academic or professional goals and prepare you for a career in research. A good personal statement can be written in half a page and you should aim not to write more than a full A4 page. Lay it out carefully to make it easy to read.
For more information please check the official web page.