Deadline: 20 January 2020
Open to: high school and undergraduate students under 25 of all genders
Award: USD 25.000 in prizes
The Girls Impact the World Film Festival is an annual event that focuses on issues facing women and girls around the world. High school and undergraduate students, can 3-6 minute short films that address global women’s issues such as: education for girls, maternal health, violence against women and girls, and a variety of other issues. See topics and awards here: http://www.connecther.
High school and undergraduate students aged 25 or under (all genders) are eligible to enter. If chosen as a finalist, filmmakers must provide proof of enrolment at their school/university.
- Films must be 3 to 6 minutes long;
– They must focus on a Girls Impact the World topic and/or propose solutions to one critical challenge within that topic;
- Films must be created after January 1, 2019;
- Be an original film that does NOT contain copyrighted material;
- Original work should never be a copy or remake of another film. All Girls Impact the World Film Festival film submission must be original works made entirely by students. That means that scripts and storyboards, directing, cinematography, editing, etc., must be done by students aged 25 and under although teachers and advisers can offer input;
- Actors and film subjects may be non-students;
- PowerPoints will not be accepted.
How to apply?
You can submit your online application form here.
For further information about the competition check GITW’s official website.