Deadline: 31 January 2020
Open to: entries involved in higher and continuing education
Awards: various prizes
For more than 12 years, the MEDEA Awards has been encouraging innovation and good practice in the use of media (audio, video, graphics, and animation) in education. These annual awards recognize and promote excellence in the production and pedagogical design of media-rich learning resources and bring to the forefront those producers, designers and teaching staff who provide such inspiration to the entire educational community, particularly in Europe.
In tandem with Media & Learning 2020: Images and Sound in Higher Education organized by the Media & Learning Association together with KU Leuven on 17-18 June 2020 in Leuven (Belgium), the MEDEA Awards 2020 invites entries related to or aimed at those involved in higher and continuing education. In recent years there has been a huge increase in the extent to which media in general, and video in particular, is playing a role in these sectors and with this year’s MEDEA Awards, they aim to identify, recognize and reward the very best of what is produced and continues to be produced.
- Any multimedia material, program, production, resource, software, tool or service that has been created for use in formal or informal higher and continuing education and/or training can be submitted.
- Such multimedia material may range from a simple video or multimedia production, (materials created by learners and/or teachers are particularly welcome) to complete courses with a prominent integration of media. Any media material that is used to support formal or informal learning activity in higher and further education is eligible.
- There is no restriction regarding the target group(s) for these materials which includes learners, teachers, employees, citizens and trainees at all ages but limited to higher and continuing education. Content can include all possible subject matters.
- There is no restriction regarding the language(s) of the educational media submitted.
- The multimedia production must have been created after 1 January 2018. Of course, the entry may include or consist of older material.
- There is no restriction on the geographical origin, location of use or subject coverage of the submitted materials.
- Media materials that are physically submitted on, for example, CD-ROM/DVD as well as any accompanying print manuals, should be submitted in 4 copies and will not be returned to the sender after the competition.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to make sure that all copyrights (IPR, intellectual property rights) are cleared for the entry he/she wishes to submit. Where there are clear breaches of copyrights or other IPR, the judges will exclude the submission from further assessment. It is recommended at the time of the submission that the entrant provides good documentation and/or evidence as to how IPR or copyright issues related to the submitted media have been resolved.
- The MEDEA Award for Best Educational Media entry: this award will be awarded to the best professional or user-generated educational media product, resource, tool or service submitted aimed at learners in the higher education, continuing education and/or training sector.
- The Special MEDEA Jury Prize: the judges may, at their discretion, present a special award to an approach or production in recognition of exceptional innovation in pedagogic or technical design.
How to apply?
Entries need to be submitted via the online submission form and sent to the MEDEA Awards Secretariat via post, e-mail or fax to arrive before or on the closing date: 31 January 2020 (midnight).
For more information, please visit the official web page.