Deadline: 14 February 2020
Open to: students or recent graduates aged 18-25 years who are passionate about journalism
Venue: 14-15 July, 2020, London, United Kingdom
Future News is looking for 100 of the world’s most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training program. Participants will receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
Future News Worldwide 2020 will take place on 14 and 15 July at Sky’s global headquarters in London. The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
Future News Worldwide is a partnership program between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations. The aim is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures. Future News Worldwide is a partnership program between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations. The aim is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
If you’re a student or a recent graduate who’s passionate about journalism then we want to hear from you! Whether you’re a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements below.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 you must:
- be aged 18-25 on 1 July 2020
- be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2018
- be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 11 – 16 July 2020.
The prize consists of a place at the Future News Worldwide 2020 conference, and inclusion in the Future News Worldwide alumni network. This includes the following:
- Return travel from local airport to London for the dates of the Conference
- The application fee of one Standard Service visa application (if required)
- Catering on the following basis:
- 13 July – dinner
- 14 and 15 July – all meals
- 16 July – breakfast only
Winners are responsible for all other costs, including travel to local airport and visa centres, visa application postage and photocopying if applicable.
How to apply?
To apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.