Deadline: 31 January 2020
Open to: start-ups worldwide
Benefits: boot camp, accommodation and travel cost covered
The Free Electrons program enables startups to work alongside ten energy utilities from around the globe to deliver cutting edge solutions and co-create the future of energy. The program will focus on working together to pilot projects, commercially deploy products and facilitate investment opportunities.
The Free Electrons program consists of 4 one week long modules held across the globe during the course of one year. During each module the Free Electrons community of experts including The Utilities, local accelerators and mentors support the startups to jump start their business during one-on-one meetings and structured group sessions.
Startups can refine their value proposition, trial and test technology and gain access to invaluable resources, advice and support from around the globe.
The Utilities via their Free Electrons program support a variety of startups at different stages.
Typically, the start ups applying for Free Electrons program have already raised money, have pilot ready solutions and have created a working prototype.
The startups are assessed against the following criteria:
- The quality of the startup team, including relevant experience and a mix of complementary skills (business and technical)
- The quality of the product/solution, particularly how innovative and unique it is, whether it provides a competitive advantage and whether it can be easily replicated
- A clear articulation of the type and size of the market that is being targeted
- A clearly defined business model
- The fit of the startup with the needs of The Utilities and the structure of the Program
Selected start ups will attend 4 modules boot camp in different locations around the world with accommodation and travel cost covered.
Free Electrons concludes with a pitch day and a celebration, where startups will also have a chance to showcase their business to an audience of external investors, partners, mentors and the local ecosystem – one startup will be awarded USD 200,000.
How to Apply?
To start the application process you will need to login or create a new account on F6S.com using your LinkedIn account, Facebook profile, or email address.
For more information please check the official web page.