Deadline: 31 January 2020
Open to: candidates aged 16-30 and working on a project with a European dimension
Benefits: the first prize is EUR 7,500, second prize EUR 5,000 and third prize EUR 2,500
The European Parliament and the International Charlemagne Prize Foundation of Aachen award the Charlemagne Youth Prize every year to projects run by young people with a strong EU dimension. Applications for 2020 open on 6 November 2019 and run until 31 January 2020.
Projects must meet the following criteria in order to qualify:
• promote European and international understanding
• foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration
• serve as a role model for young people living in Europe
• offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community
The three winning projects will be chosen from 28 projects nominated by national juries in the individual EU member states.
• foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration,
• serve as a role model for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
The projects can focus on the organisation of various youth events, youth exchanges or online projects with a European dimension.
Representatives of all 28 national winning projects will be invited to the Charlemagne Youth Prize award ceremony in Aachen in May 2020.
How to Apply?
For more information about the call and how you can apply please visit the official website.