Deadline: 8 February 2020
Open to: students with a M.Sc. on Sustainable Development, Nature Conservation, or similar field
Benefits: CIFOR may provide the Intern with a monthly stipend or living allowance
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is a partnership initiative led by CIFOR through its GLF Team. The team is based in the new CIFOR office in Bonn, Germany, and the CIFOR headquarters in Indonesia. The GLF Team is responsible for delivery on all GLF activities, and for expanding the GLF partnership and community. This is an internship opportunity for 6 months and it will take place in Bonn, Germany.
The primary objective of the Youth in Landscapes Network Intern is to facilitate the growth of the network through community building, promotion, and ensuring that programs serve the broader youth community through working with the GLF Youth Coordinator.
- Currently enrolled in, or recently obtained, an M.Sc. on Sustainable Development, Nature Conservation, or similar field;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Has obtained the rights to work in Europe (being a citizen of an EU country is preferred);
- Experience with online engagement, youth organizations, capacity development, or event-management is an asset;
- Experience with WordPress and social media is an asset;
- Experienced and/or comfortable with remote work, with ability to work under pressure.
CIFOR may provide the Intern a monthly living allowance that can cover living costs during their 6 months internship postion. The stipend or living allowance provided to the Intern shall follow the rate used by the Human Resources Unit for Interns at CIFOR.
How to Apply?
You can submit your application through their online portal here. Please note, that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about the application process, check their official website.