Deadline: 6 March 2020
Open to: young change-makers above 12 years and under 18 years of age around the world
Benefits: a project fund of EUR 100,000 is invested by KidsRights in projects that are closely connected to the winners’ area of work.
The International Children’s Peace Prize is awarded annually to a child who fights courageously for children’s rights. Winning the International Children’s Peace Prize puts your change-maker in news headlines around the world. Last year, the winners’ message reached more than 1.6 billion people!
Nominate your change-making candidate now! Last year they received 137 nominations from 56 countries around the world.
They are looking for young change-makers above 12 years and under 18 years of age around the world.
- A child above 12 years and under 18 years of age; (the child should not be older than 17 years by the time of the nomination deadline)
- From all over the world;
- The child must have a clear history of standing up and fighting for the rights of him/herself and other children. It is important that the child has an active approach in accomplishing this goal, which has led to a concrete result;
- Ability to travel abroad and feeling comfortable communicating with other people;
- The child agrees to being nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize.
NB. A group of children can be nominated, provided that every individual in the group made a provable effort and co-initiated the activities that resulted in an exceptional difference for the rights of the child and the position of vulnerable children, anywhere in the world (organizations as a whole will not be considered).
The International Children’s Peace Prize is awarded annually to a child, anywhere in the world, for his or her dedication to children’s rights. The International Children’s Peace Prize is a sign of recognition for the young winner. He or she receives the statuette ‘Nkosi’, which shows how a child sets the world in motion. The winner also receives a study grant and a world-wide platform to promote his or her ideals and causes to the benefit of children’s rights. A project fund of EUR 100,000 is invested by KidsRights in projects that are closely connected to the winners’ area of work.
How to Apply?
- Step 1: Download the nomination form here
- Step 2: Complete the application form
For more information, and how to apply, please visit the official website.