Deadline: 31 August 2020
Open to: candidates who are 18 years of age or older
Benefits: a 5,000 USD grand prize and photographs will be exhibited at the United Nations Headquarters in NYC and Fotografiska New York
The United Nations supported project — Photography 4 Humanity is an international initiative that calls on photographers around the world to bring to life the power of human rights through their images. Highlighting the most compelling imagery — illustrating courage, despair, hope, injustice, compassion, human rights failures or victories in ways small and large, the images will serve to inspire people to personally get involved and take a stand for human rights.
Photography 4 Humanity is a unique call to action for amateur and professional photographers alike, to submit images for a global competition where, each year, photos from the Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize Recipient and the Top 10 finalists will be exhibited at the General Assembly Gallery at the United Nations Headquarters and at Fotografiska New York.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to enter
- All entries must be submitted between May 8, 2020 12:00AM EST and August 31, 2020 11:59PM PST
- All photography must relate to human rights issues illustrating courage, despair, hope, injustice, hate, compassion, human rights failures or victories in ways small and large
- Must include title, date, location, description and photographer name of each photograph submitted
- All images must have been taken between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020.
- The Global Prize Recipient will receive 5,000 USD
- The Global Prize Recipient and Top 10 Finalists’ photographs will be exhibited at the United Nations Headquarters in NYC and Fotografiska New York.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.