Deadline: 26 June 2020
Open to: design students in Europe who are not working as professionals
Benefits: visit the cartonboard mill RdM and the carton converter Artigrafiche Reggiane
The Pro Carton Young Designers Award is now one of Europe’s leading annual young talent competitions for packaging design. It also plays a pioneering role in promoting sustainability as it focuses exclusively on cartonboard design!
They are excited to announce that submissions for the 2020 Pro Carton Young Designers Award are open and run right through until end of June 2020, so get your creative juices running!
Entries can be submitted across these categories:
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging: Eat & Drink: The focus lies on cartonboard as the most sustainable food and beverages packaging material and its recyclability. Give us a taste of great design!
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging: All other: This category focuses on using the most sustainable packaging material for non-food packaging. Everything needs packaging, have a look around yourself and get inspired!
- Creative Cartonboard Ideas: Think outside the box! Here’s a chance for you to put forward your cartonboard ideas outside of the packaging market.
- Save the Planet: Every minute a truck load of plastics is dumped in the ocean. Show us your ideas as to how cartonboard can reduce or replace plastic and help us save the planet!
- Newcomer’s Award: There will also be an award for the best entry submitted from a university that hasn’t won an award in the past. So if your university or school has not had a winner before, or maybe has never entered before, now’s the time to do so!
The competition is aimed at all design students in Europe who are not working as professionals. They must not have completed their studies before the summer of 2020 (proof is to be supplied with the entry, e.g. student enrolment document). An entry gives the organisers the right to showcase the submitted concepts in a public exhibition, including publication, promotion and documentation of the competition.
- The main prize for the 5 overall winners is a visit to Italy to visit the cartonboard mill RdM and the carton converter Artigrafiche Reggiane.
- Furthermore, all winners, finalists and each of their lecturers will be invited to the Gala Awards dinner at the European Carton Makers Association (ECMA) Congress in September 2020 in Krakow, Poland where the European folding carton industry will meet for the networking event of the year! All expenses will be covered by Pro Carton: Travel costs, 2 nights in a luxury hotel, the elegant Award Gala and even a budget for night out!
Change due to COVID-19: the ceremony in Krakow has been cancelled – they look forward to announcing an alternative event as soon as the situation allows.
- All finalists will receive framed certificates.
How to Apply
For more information, please visit the official web page.