Deadline: 30 November 2020
Open to: female students in the field of computer science
Benefits: EUR 6000 annually for a duration of up to two years
The Helmut Veith Stipend is awarded annually to motivated female students in the field of computer science who pursue (or plan to pursue) one of the master’s programs in Computer Science at TU Wien taught in English.
1. Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien that are taught in English. In 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 those are:
• Master in Logic and Computation
• Master in Business Informatics
• European Master in Computational Logic
• Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
• Master in Data Science
• Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing
2. While applications for funding can be filed before or in parallel with the admissions process, the funding will only be awarded to applicants who have been unconditionally admitted to the master’s program. An application for funding does not replace the admissions process; neither does a conditional offer of funding entitle the applicant to study at TU Wien.
3. Female students who meet the following conditions are eligible to apply for the stipend:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one of) Helmut Veith’s areas of research:
- Logic in Computer Science
- Formal Methods and Verification
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
- Complexity Theory
- Computer Security
- Proficiency in English
Students who are awarded the Helmut Veith Stipend, receive:
- EUR 6000 annually for a duration of up to two years.
- Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
How to apply?
For more information please visit the official website.