Deadline: 30 July 2020
Open to: entrants from anywhere in the world as long as their entry has been broadcast, screened or published
Benefits: a unique opportunity to be recognised by some of the industry’s top professionals and to gain a wider audience for your work
One World Media is calling for applications for the Coronavirus Reporting Award 2020. Supported by EBRD, this award is launched in response to the exceptional work of journalists and filmmakers covering the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in developing countries.
The One World Media wants to champion stories that show us what is happening beyond our borders and spotlight international perspectives on the pandemic. The program is looking for stories that show us the potential solutions, the urgent needs, and the surprising implications of COVID-19 around the world. The Award will be for a piece of media in any format, including print, film, audio, or digital media.
The Coronavirus Reporting Award is open to entrants anywhere in the world, as long as the work meets one of the following criteria. In order to be eligible, the entry should have been
- Broadcast screened or published (in print or in an established online publication/website) in the UK; OR
- Broadcast or published (in an established print/online publication/website) internationally and is available for an English-speaking audience; OR
- Screened at an international film festival
- All entries should focus on stories, topics or issues in, about or related to the developing world, including Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Middle East, Russia, or the Post-Soviet States. Jurors will be looking for media that cover underreported stories or new angles and approaches to more familiar stories. Entries must have had their first screening, broadcast, theatrical release, launch, or publication between 1 December 2019 and 30 July 2020.
- A unique opportunity to be recognized by some of the industry’s top professionals and to gain a wider audience for your work;
- The only Awards recognizing excellence in international journalism and filmmaking specifically from and about developing countries;
- They are established, with 31 years of providing a platform for important stories to be shared and celebrated.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.