Deadline: 4 September 2020
Open to: young journalists and media professionals, aged 18-35
Benefits: USD 150 stipend per month for the duration of the Fellowship
Get ready for our newest global opportunity for climate and environmental journalists and media professionals.
An online training programme is launched which will see 12 young journalists from around the world dive into a paid 3-month mentorship! As a selected participant, you will be challenged and supported to publish 1 climate feature story each month on through our site. Your stories will be shared and promoted throughout our networks. Our aim is to make you famous for the awesome climate messages you produce. Exciting, right?!
Your Commitment as A Selected Fellow
Once selected, we will get the ball rolling really quickly! Here’s a taste of what you’ll be jumping straight into:
- Pitching and publishing a Feature climate story each month for Climate Tracker’s site, with original photos – including 1 collaborative Feature in the 3rd month.
- Managing a twitter thread, and taking over CT’s twitter once per month to discuss your story or other news from your region.
- 1 Instagram live session throughout the 3 months
- 1 podcast interview throughout the 3 months, highlighting their story and sharing audio clips from their interviews
- Guest writing one Climate Weekly newsletter over the course of the 3 months
Ideal candidates will have:
- Be 18-35 years old
- 1 year of journalism experience min
- A hunger to improve as journalists – this is a learning experience
- A history of writing quality climate stories
- Ability to take good quality photos
Get paid a USD 150 stipend per month for the duration of the Fellowship!
All the while, you’ll also be a part of a diverse media mentorship programme, undergoing a range of connected training and collaborations covering social media engagement, data and visual journalism, and podcasting. A great chance to sharpen your new media skills to amplify your journalism and boost your marketability.
Not only is this a great opportunity to build your network around the world and engage with journalists beyond your country/region, it’s a fantastic chance to gain hands-on experience in reporting on climate change and sustainability issues.
How to Apply?
For more information and in order to apply, please visit the official web page.