Deadline: 22 March 2021 – Abstract submission
Open to: senior undergraduate and graduate students in humanities, social sciences, and technical sciences as well fresh graduates
Benefits: certificate of attendance from the organizers, all expenditures are covered by organizers, including the expenditures of publication
This conference aims to create a platform for the youth, students and recent graduates in arts, humanities, social sciences, and technical sciences to assess, explore and promote the EU values of the human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law, and human rights. The future of the young people in the Western Balkans is certainly in the EU; therefore they will be enabled in this conference to contribute towards the promotion of peace, individual well-being, freedom, justice, social inclusion, sustainable development, scientific and technological progress, economic cooperation and trade, and the respect for the EU common values and principles. The presenters at the conference are encouraged to explore interdisciplinary subject as to assess and evaluate the prospects and challenges of the Western Balkans on the road to the EU.
The conference seeks youth participation from all over the world to exchange their ideas and experience in an intellectually stimulating academic environment, at the International University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The fundamental objective of the conference is to provide students with an educational experience that prepares them for their future.
The program is designed for senior undergraduate and graduate students in humanities, social sciences, and technical sciences as well fresh graduates who are already working in the public and private sectors and who are interested in developing their knowledge and expertise in the topics offered by the WBYC’21.
Organizers of the Conference welcome online submissions written in the official language of Bosnia and Herzegovina and/or the English language that are closely related to the areas specified in the call for papers. Abstracts should not exceed 250 words and they must clearly indicate the problem, objectives, research methods, results and conclusions. Submitted abstracts must adhere to the set format. Abstracts that exceed the word limit or include graphics and tables will be rejected.
Authors are also advised to proofread their abstracts because abstracts will be reproduced from the online submission. Any error in spelling, grammar or data will appear online or in print. Students are invited to submit their abstracts and biographical statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 March 2021. The biografical statement may not exceed 120 words. All participants should be aware that abstract submission does not guarantee inclusion in the program.
Paper submission guidelines
- Authors are requested to follow the set style and format.
- Papers must be in the official languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina or the English and should not exceed 10000 words.
- Papers must include, title, author name, affiliation or institution, abstract, key words and body of the paper.
- Papers must display original thought and ideas. They must make concrete references to existing scholarship in the related area.
- Citations and references should be made in accordance with the APA Style Manual.
- Papers must be double-spaced (with single-spacing used for block quotations). Margins should be 2.5 cm. or 1 inch from all sides.
- The first line of each paragraph should be indented. Block quotations should be indented 2.5 cm. or 1 inch from both the right and left margins.
- Paper must be submitted in Microsoft Word document file format.
- The text of the paper should be double-spaced with Times New Roman 12-point font; all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Papers will be accepted only if they meet the requirements.
The Scientific Committee will assess the quality of papers and determine whether they will be suitable for publishing. Papers that have been previously presented or published will not be accepted. All submitted paper will undergo plagiarism checking by Turnitin software. Only the authors who submit their full papers within the specified deadline will be allowed to present at the Conference.
- The presentations can be presented in the official languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina or the English language.
- Each paper will be allotted 30 minutes, 20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for discussion. Presenters may prepare oral presentations or poster presentations.
- Due to time constrains, presenters will not be permitted to exceed the time allotted for their presentation and for the question and answer session.
Certificate of attendance from the organizers.
No participation fee applied. All expenditures are covered by organizers, including the expenditures of publication.
How to apply?
Prospective applicants should send their abstracts (along with biographical statement) and papers to email@example.com. The results of the selection process will be communicated via E-mail, within 10 working days following receipt of the application.
- 15th December, 2021 – Applications open
- 22nd March, 2021 – Abstract submission
- 26th April, 2021 – Full paper submission
- 31st May, 2021 – Conference Day
For more information, please visit the official website.