Deadline: 7 March 2021
Open to: pictures that portray the diversity of territories, societies and cultures of different continents
Benefits: various cash prizes
The Transversalities Project uses photography as a way to promote the inclusion of territories and regional cooperation, with the following objectives:
- to take advantage of the aesthetic, documental and educational value of the image to promote the inclusion of less visible areas by identifying resources, enhancing landscapes, cultures, and heritage;
- to promote cooperation between people, institutions and territories, within and beyond frontiers endorsing the exchange of experiences and knowledge between places unified by the common Iberian range, spread across different countries from different continents;
- to create new audiences and use new communication technologies as a privileged way to communicate, appealing to young college students and thus widen the international network of researchers that CEI has been sponsoring over the years.
The pictures collected under this contest should portray the diversity of territories, societies and cultures of different continents in order to allow crossed looks on the changes which are taking place in different parts of the world, show different styles of social organization and space, capture signs of continuity and change, archaisms and innovations that manifest themselves in the most populous cities or rural areas, located in the most remote and distant and areas, which are facing depopulation.
Photos must allude to one of the following subjects:
- Landscapes, biodiversity and natural heritage (Natural resources and risks; use, management and planning of natural areas; diversity of contexts and intercourse between man and the environment, etc.).
- Rural areas, agriculture and settlement (Goods and agricultural products, organization of rural areas; places and rural architecture, mobility, etc.).
- The city and the urbanization process (City, architecture, regeneration and urbanization processes; landscapes, urban environments and experiences, etc.).
- Culture and society: cultural diversity and social inclusion (Constructed legacy and cultural heritage, ways of life and social conditions; fight against poverty and social exclusion, etc.)
- The Overall Winner (1) for the best and most complete submitted portfolio will receive 1500 Euros.
- The Winner of each theme (4) for the best and most complete portfolio will receive 750 Euros.
- The Jury will also award up to 12 portfolios, being each one awarded with 150 Euros
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information, please visit the official website.