Deadline: 23 May 2021
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: paid, three-month internship
Reuters is seeking ambitious, energetic graduates and/or final year students with excellent language skills to join its real-time news operation in Gdansk, Poland, for a three-month internship.
Successful candidates will be immersed in a fast paced, international environment, working directly with editorial teams that publish alerts on major corporate news developments; write short stories about major companies in Europe’s biggest economies; produce online packages used by global media customers; and translate international news.
The internship offers the chance to learn:
- How Reuters is the fastest news agency in the world, delivering market-moving news to traders, investors and consumers globally within seconds.
- How to work in a time-pressure environment that requires strong judgment, exceptional attention to detail and fast reflexes to identify key information from a financial statement.
- How news events impact financial markets, using the leading professional financial terminal, Refinitiv’s Eikon, to monitor prices and analyze developments.
- How to plan coverage of major corporate earnings releases and economic data indicators such as GDP and inflation.
- How to create multimedia packages for Reuters News online clients.
- How to translate market reports, general, political, economic and company news stories from English at speed (into Russian, Polish, Turkish, Italian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Applicant must speak fluent English and have very good knowledge of one other European language;
- A strong interest in journalism and/or financial markets;
- Excellent writing and communication skills; translation skills a strong plus;
- Attention to detail, comfort with handling data and facts accurately and quickly;
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others;
- A burning desire to be first with the news.
- Paid, three-month internship at a global news agency in the Reuter’s Text team.
- Dynamic, international, diverse working environment.
- Opportunity to join the biggest Reuters newsroom in Europe.
- Chance to collaborate with other journalists across Europe.
- On the job learning and training, with access to Thomson Reuters University resources.
- Mentoring through the internship period.
How to apply?
For more information, visit the official website.