Deadline: 2 January 2022
Open to: citizen of one of the Bank’s member states
Benefits: 4-year contract (incl. 1-year probation), depending on level of experience, monthly starting salary range € 5 200-6 000 plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
The Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB), established in 1956, is a multilateral development bank with a unique social mandate. The CEB works to strengthen social cohesion and build thriving communities in Europe by financing projects that promote inclusive growth, support vulnerable groups and bolster environmental sustainability.
The Risk & Control Directorate is responsible for the Bank’s financial stability and guarantees its business continuity by identifying, evaluating, monitoring and reporting on all risks throughout the CEB. The risk mitigation and internal control measures are carried out by the Financial (Credit and Market) Risk and Operational Risk Divisions.
The Financial Risks Division is looking for a skilled and experienced Risk Reporting and IT Coordinator to prepare risk reporting on different credit risk related topics and ensure the smooth functioning of risk management IT tools. S/he will report to the Head of the Credit Risk Unit and work in close collaboration with other colleagues in the Credit Risk Unit.
- Prepare the Quarterly Risk reports for the Administrative Council and Governing Board.
- Prepare contributions regarding risk to the annual Financial Statements/Annual report.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Annual Risk report.
- Propose and implement changes to the above reports as part of continuous improvement efforts of the Bank and the Directorate.
- Compile and produce daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly written risk reports by gathering data on risks in databases, analysing data and drafting.
- Coordinate IT automation of risk reporting by determining technical terms of references and defining reporting needs, structure and standards.
IT tool management:
- Ensure oversight and development of the RAY Moody’s system in particular the Large exposure module and the Liquidity LCR/NSFR module.
- Monitor regulatory developments related to the Large Exposure framework and to the LCR/NSFR.
- Assist in implementing developments in the RO Moody’s system.
- Assist in developments in RCO ALM Moody’s system.
- Coordinate relations with the IT Division on risk management matters.
- An advanced university degree in Finance, Statistics or Mathematics.
- Very good knowledge of financial instruments including derivatives.
- Very good knowledge of accounting for financial institutions.
- Very good knowledge of international regulatory rules for financial institutions.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in drafting/producing reports related to risk management topics.
- Minimum 2 years’ proven experience in Moody’s analytics tools, specifically in RAY, RO and RCO ALM modules.
- Proven capacity to use IT programming languages in particular SQL.
- Proven capacity to use and develop advanced EXCEL formulas, macros and pivot tables.
- Good knowledge of code language R.
- Strong capacity to coordinate.
- Excellent command of one of the two CEB official languages (English and French), both oral and written, and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- Client Orientation
- Result Orientation
- Team Work
- Citizen of one of the Bank’s member states: Albania, Andorra, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Holy See, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.
1) Contract: the CEB offers an initial 4-year appointment (including a one-year probationary period), with, under certain conditions, the possibility of renewal.
2) Grade and salary:
- B5-B6 career path
- Depending on level of experience, monthly starting salary range € 5 200-6 000 plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
- Appointment may be made at a lower grade, based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
- Grades are established without any discrimination (including gender discrimination)
For more information, please consult the CEB Basic Salary Scale in section 5. Benefits of the CEB website
As an international organisation, CEB remuneration is exempt of income tax in France. In addition, our offer includes allowances* and medical and personal insurance. Staff members benefit from a contributory pension plan which provides them with either a pension or a leaving allowance.
* Benefits determined by the candidate’s personal situation:
• basic family allowance
• dependent child supplement
• additional dependent child supplement for a single-parent family
• supplement for a disabled and dependent parent
• supplements for a disabled or severely disabled child
• education allowance (children) for expatriate staff members
• installation allowance and reimbursement of travel and removal expenses
How to apply?
Applications from CEB member countries candidates should be made in English or French using the Bank’s online application system at https://ceb.profils.org before the deadline of 02/01/2022.
In order to minimise bias, our selection processes include steps such as digitally recorded interviews, written tests and interactive interviews. Please note that initial steps in the selection process will typically be conducted online (remotely).
For more information please visit the official website.