Deadline: 1 February 2022
Open to: all apart from anyone associated with the competition
Benefits: various prizes
The RHS Photographic Competition is owned and run by the charity Royal Horticultural Society. The competition is a multi-category, free to enter annual competition aimed at garden lovers, horticulturists and photographers alike. The aim of the competition is to promote high quality and beautiful photography; and the RHS wants to inspire everyone to grow by encouraging people to share their two passions of gardening and photography. The RHS Photographic Competition is free to enter.
- Welcoming wildlife
- Indoor gardening
- Under 18s (age 11-17)
- Under 11s
- Social Media
- The RHS Photographic Competition is open to all – apart from anyone associated with the competition including RHS employees (and their partners and family), board and committee members, ambassadors, media sponsor and judges.
- The entrant must be the original artwork creator and solely hold the copyright.
- Images must not be licenced or disposed of any rights that will conflict with the competition. Images that have been made available on stock libraries and that may have gained publicity from this may be disqualified at the judges’ discretion.
- Images that have won or been commended or received notable publicity in any major competition before the submission deadline or judging will be disqualified at the judges’ discretion.
- Any submitted image must not be entered into any other competition after being entered into the RHS Photographic Competition until the results have been announced.
- The RHS requires that prior permission be sought before submitting photographs of private property or private gardens.
- Visitors to RHS Gardens Wisley, Harlow Carr, Rosemoor and Hyde Hall are encouraged to capture and share photographic moments for personal, non-commercial purposes and do not require prior permission to enter the RHS Photographic Competition. Prior permission is necessary for any commercial and editorial usage of still or moving images.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that all necessary permissions are obtained from any person featured in a photograph.
- Entrants for ‘Under 18s (11-17 years)’ must be between 11 and 17 years old on the day the competition closes.
- Entrants for ‘Under 11s’ must be under 11 years old on the day the competition closes.
- Prizes will be awarded to winners of each single image category and to the Portfolio ‘best in show’
- Second and third places will also win prizes in each single image category (excluding the Portfolio category).
- RHS Medals will be awarded to the Portfolio category only.
- Monthly winners of the Social Media category will not receive prizes.
- The prizes are non-transferable.
- The RHS reserves the right to substitute the whole or part of any listed prize with an alternative of equal monetary value (but the entrant shall not have any right to demand this).
- The prizes must be claimed within one year of the competition winners being announced or will be forfeited.
HOW TO APPLY?
For further information, please visit the official website.