Deadline: 15 March 2023
Open to: Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD Students
Benefits: Total scholarship for the entire duration of the program
International education and training has long been one of the TaiwanICDF’s core operations, among many others. Human resources development programs play a vital role in assisting partner countries achieve sustainable development, and education is a crucial mechanism for training workforces in developing countries. The TaiwanICDF provides scholarships for higher education and has developed undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. programs in cooperation with renowned partner universities in Taiwan.
The TaiwanICDF has established the Taiwan International Cooperation Alliance (TICA) with 22 partner universities, setting up an operational platform under this TICA framework to manage and improve the scholarship program
1. Be a citizen of a country on the List of Countries Eligible for TaiwanICDF Scholarship, and satisfy any specific criteria established by his or her country and/or government of citizenship.
2. Neither be a national of the Republic of China (Taiwan) nor an overseas compatriot student.
3. Satisfy the admission requirements of the partner university to which he or she has applied to study under a TaiwanICDF scholarship.
4. Be able to satisfy all requirements for a Resident Visa (Code: FS) set by the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) set by the Ministry of the Interior, of the ROC (Taiwan) government (this means that the TaiwanICDF has the right to revoke a scholarship offered if an applicant cannot satisfy the visa requirements).
5. Upon accepting a TaiwanICDF scholarship, not hold any other ROC (Taiwan) government-sponsored scholarship (such as the Taiwan Scholarship) in the same academic year in which the TaiwanICDF scholarship would be due to commence.
6. Not be applying for another TaiwanICDF scholarship in unbroken succession to apply for a 2023 scholarship, applicants who have already held a TaiwanICDF scholarship, MOFA’s Taiwan Scholarship or an MOE scholarship must have graduated before July 31, 2022.
7. Have never had any scholarship revoked by any ROC (Taiwan) government agency or related institution, nor been expelled from any Taiwanese university.
Entitlements: The total scholarship, including airfare (round-trip), housing, tuition, credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance will be provided by the TaiwanICDF to each student within his/her given award period. The scholarship is itemized as follows:
1. Airfare: The TaiwanICDF shall arrange your most-direct flights to and from Taiwan with Economy Class tickets.
2. Housing: All students must reside in the student dormitories.
3. Tuition fee: The TaiwanICDF will cover the tuition fee as required by the student’s university.
4. Credit fees: Credit fees vary with the number of credits registered. Credit fees will also be covered as required by the student’s university.
5. Insurance: While in Taiwan, in addition to the mandatory student safety insurance set by the Ministry of Education, each student must be insured for accidental and necessary medical coverage. Insurance fees will be covered for the entire duration of the program.
6. Book costs: Purchasing textbooks as required by the instructors shall be subject to the approval of the director of the student’s institute
(1). Undergraduate’s Program: Each student shall receive NT$12,000 per month during the period of the program as allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. The sum will be deposited monthly into the student’s local bank account.
(2). Master’s Program: Each student shall receive NT$15,000 per month during the period of the program as allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. The sum will be deposited monthly into the student’s local bank account.
(3). Ph.D. Program: Each student shall receive NT$17,000 per month during the period of the program as allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. The sum will be deposited monthly into the student’s local bank account.
How to Apply?
For more information, please visit the official website.