Deadline: 5 August 2013 for PR & Communication Responsible /20 August 2013 for New Media Ambassadors
Open to: candidates with knowledge of English and experience in using social media and multimedia tools
Group of the European Youth for Change (GEYC) Resources center offers a wide variety of online free tools about multimedia and social media topics aimed to help both individuals and organizations in their work. The center is aimed to support “Young People Combating Hate Speech On-line” campaign of Council of Europe. It is opening new internship positions available for the next months:
- PR & Communication Responsible at GEYC Resources Center
- New Media Ambassadors (3rd & 4th ed.)
1. PR & Communication Responsible at GEYC Resources Center
The responsible will be in charge to coordinate the PR & Communication strategy for GEYC Resources Center in order to increase its visibility, to make it more popular through social networks and to engage a larger audience.
Duration: 01 September 2013 – 28 February 2014 (6 months)
Expected involvement: about 20 hours / week
Schedule: flexible, mostly working online
Location: anywhere, a permanent Internet connection is required
Qualifications and skills needed:
- Sense of initiative, planning capacity and skills to put ideas into action;
- Leadership skills;
- Ability to fluently communicate in English (both spoken and written);
- Ability to work in a multicultural team;
- Strong skills of time management and organization;
- Capacity of using Microsoft Office at a professional level;
- Higher education experience (at least undergraduate);
2. New Media Ambassadors
The New Media Ambassador has the role to promote, develop and contribute to GEYC Resources Center during the 3 months practical training in the field of social media, multimedia, PR and communication skills.
Duration: 3 months period (to be chosen in the application form):
- NMA 3 (15 September 2013-15 December 2013)
- NMA 4 (15 January2014-15 April 2014)
Expected involvement: at least 5-10 hours/week
Location: all activities will be done at the initiative of the candidate, therefore, it could be online or at local level in order to not require any cost on behalf of the candidate
Qualifications and skills needed:
- ability to communicate in English;
- ability to communicate by e-mail/Facebook on a daily basis;
- basic experience in using social media and multimedia tools;
- sense of initiative, creativity, responsibility, self-management.
The positions are unpaid internships with the following benefits for the successful candidates:
- getting/ improving their communication, social media, multimedia skills;
- working in an intercultural team, sharing experiences and working together with GEYC-RC team and New Media Ambassadors, networking;
- time/location flexibility (everybody can work from home as long as they dispose an Internet connection and they are able to speak in English);
- the title of “PR & Communication Responsible“/”New Media Ambassador” could be a great asset for their CV;
- signing a volunteering contract which will be a great asset for their personal portfolio;
- getting a recommendation to enhance the practical training according to the main achievements in order to facilitate the future employment of the volunteer;
- being presented on the website of the GEYC Resource Center.
To apply for PR & Communication Responsible all applications have to be submitted by e-mail to [email protected] until 5 August 2013 with a subject [GEYC-RC] – Application – PR.
The following 3 documents (pdf format is prefered) have to be attached to the application e-mail:
- A recently updated CV
- A motivation letter (why would you like to be selected, why you are the most suitable candidate and how do you think it could boost your personal and professional life);
- A PR&Communication strategy proposal
For the position of New Media Ambasador apply online here until 20 August 2013.