Deadline: apply as soon as possible
Open to: candidates with proficiency in English (verbal and written), advanced computer literacy with demonstrated knowledge of using social media for outreach and promotion
Remuneration: remuneration will range from 200-300 EUR per month
The Catalyst Initiative seeks a self-driven, social media and database savvy individual for a full-time paid internship opportunity (August – December 2013). This ideal candidate would preferably be based in Belgrade, but remote work is possible, since it is a home-based position.
What is Catalyst?
- Catalyst is a start-up initiative that is seeking to develop and expand locally-sourced philanthropy in 7 countries of the Western Balkans.
- Catalyst believes that the existing levels of corporate and individual philanthropy in each of the region’s countries can be increased through the piloting of new knowledge products and analytic services that can be used by philanthropists, foundations, CSOs, and companies to better understand the nature of philanthropy in the region and to build upon that knowledge
- In its pilot phase, Catalyst is developing a database of all known philanthropic activities in the region, using press clipping and internet monitoring to gather publicly available information. Accumulating this data and then reporting to philanthropy stakeholders on the key statistics and trends within this data will provide a solid foundation from which catalyst can develop additional products and services.
- Simultaneously, Catalyst is growing its current blog product, and expanding into other forms of social media, with the goal to roll out a full website that will be used as a platform to disseminate the content and data that being gathered.
Catalyst seeks a qualified candidate for a paid internship position. This position will last for 5 months (August – December) during this pilot phase, with the potential for extending the position based on available funding. Remuneration will range from 200-300 EUR per month.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Administrating the blog page, manage comments, administer the mailing list and promote the blog through social media
- Set up and administer Catalyst’s social media presence (Facebook, Storify, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.)
- Set up and administer a CRM database that will serve as the master contact list for the initiative
- In partnership with other Catalyst interns, perform data entry of information from daily press clipping and additional data collection into Excel spreadsheets (prior to and during database development)
- Using search engines, identify and bookmark key sites for additional data collection
- Contact philanthropy stakeholders by telephone / email in order to gain additional information that may have been left out of the media reporting
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written)
- Advanced computer literacy, with demonstrated knowledge of using social media for outreach and promotion
- Team-oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to accuracy, quality and attention to details
- Flexibility in working in an evolving start-up organization
- Self-starter willing to suggest and implement improvements to new and developing processes and practices
- An interest and passion for what can happen when people decide to help others and contribute to the common good
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should apply with their CV and a motivation letter clearly stating their understanding of locally-sourced philanthropy and how their skills sets meet the internship requirements. CVs and motivation letters should be sent to Nathan Koeshall via email at email@example.com.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified. However, it is hoped that a 15 August start date would be possible for the successful candidate. Therefore, CVs and motivation letters should be submitted as soon as possible. Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.