Deadline: 1 January 2014
Open to: Students with Bachelor degree in social work
Scholarship: Category A: covers tuition fee, costs of travel and installation plus 1000 euro of monthly allowance, Category B: covers tuition fee plus 500 euro of monthly allowance
- Bachelor degree in social work (or related subject if social work does not exist as a university subject in your country)
- Professional license as social worker (if required by law in your country)
- One year of full-time work experience in the social sector
- English competence equivalent to 6.5 Academic IELTS (including 6.5 in speaking and writing)
For more information about eligibility requirements, please go here.
The European Commission will provide scholarships to the best applicants by academic ability. Two scholarship packages are available depending on student background:
- Category A is open to students who are not nationals of an EU country, Iceland, Norway or Lichtenstein. In addition, scholarship holders cannot be residents of these countries nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of these countries.
– Contribution to travel, visa, installation and other costs: € 8 000
– Participation costs, including insurance: € 4 000 / semester (full costs)
– Monthly allowance: € 1 000 / month
- Category B is available to all applicants that do not meet the criteria for Category A.
– Contribution to travel, visa, installation and other costs: none
– Participation costs, including insurance: € 2 000 / semester (full costs)
– Monthly allowance: € 500 / month
In line with Erasmus Mundus rules, a maximum of two students with the same nationality can receive a scholarship.
The deadline for applications from candidates seeking an Erasmus Mundus scholarship is 1 January 2014. There is no separate or additional application form for the scholarships, which are awarded strictly upon merit. Applications for a self-funded or employer-funded place on the ADVANCES course can be made until 1 June 2014.
Applicants must complete the ADVANCES application form (Microsoft Word format; right-click with your mouse to “Save link as” to your computer) and submit it with supporting documents through the University of Lincoln’s online admissions system.
Please complete all parts of the “Personal Information” section of the online application. Note that it is not necessary to complete the “Academic Qualifications” and “Employment History” sections of the online form if all the relevant information is contained in your CV (e.g. dates, description of job, etc).
The following documents should be uploaded as part of the application:
- Completed ADVANCES application form, including a 350-word statement of motivation and 350-word essay reflecting on your professional experience and understanding of social work
- Curriculum vitae (CV), in freestyle format
- One professional reference
- Copy of passport
- Copy of degree certificate (plus certified translation into English if applicable)
- Copy of your transcript of marks (plus certified translation into English if applicable)
- Copy of IELTS or TOEFL language test result with validity until at least September 2013
- Copy of official registration or licence as a qualified social worker in your country (if applicable)
Certified translations: If any of your documents (e.g. official degree certificate, transcript or professional reference) was not issued in English, then you will need to provide a certified translation that is verified by your university, an official translator, embassy or lawyer. This translation may be checked by the ADVANCES admissions team. Misleading translations can lead to the rejection of otherwise eligible and complete applications.
- 1 January 2014: Deadline for online applications from students seeking Erasmus Mundus scholarship
- 9 February 2014: Shortlisted candidates informed of interview by email
- 17-19 February 2014: Interviews by Skype or telephone with shortlisted candidates, creation of academic ranking list for Erasmus Mundus
- 26 February 2014: Interviewed candidates informed about the final selection of candidates
- 1 June 2014: Deadline for applications from self-funding or employer-funded candidates
More information can be obtained from the official website HERE.