Deadline: 28 February 2014
Open to: Latin-American and EU students, researchers, and staff members
Scholarship: monthly allowance, tuition fee, insurance coverage and travel expenses
The FELLOW-MUNDUS project is an Erasmus Mundus Action 2 partnership, which will contribute through the exchange of students and academic staff to the reinforcement of sustainable educational, cultural, economic, scientific and technological links between the European Union and Latin-American countries.
The project aims to strengthen the cooperation between European Union Higher Education Institutions and Latin-American Universities, enabling the mobility of students, researchers and academic staff through a scholarship scheme, developing individuals’ curriculum, enhancing the transfer of know-how and the sharing of experiences and good practices. It will provide the Latin-American (LA) Higher Education Institutions with the opportunity to build up a university exchange scheme, modeled under the principles of the Bologna Accord and the guidelines of the Erasmus Programme.
The partner universities are:
- Universidad de la República – UDELAR (Uruguay)
- Universidad Mayor de San Simón – UMSS (Bolivia)
- Universidad Andina Simón Bolivar – UASB (Ecuador)
- Universidad Nacional de Itapúa – UNI (Paraguay)
- Universidad del Pacífico – UP (Peru)
- Universidad de Panamá – UP (Panama)
- Universidad Santo Tomás – USTA (Colombia)
- Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina – UFSC (Brazil)
- Universidade Estadual de Ciências da Saúde de Alagoas – UNCISAL (Brazil)
- Universidade Federal de Pernambuco – UFPE (Brazil)
- Universidade Tiradentes – UNIT (Brazil)
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa – UNL (Portugal)
- Universidade do Algarve – UALg (Portugal)
- Universidad de Sevilla – US (Spain)
- Universidad de Salamanca – USAL (Spain)
- Wroclaw University of Technology – WrUT (Poland)
- University of Warsaw – UW (Poland)
- have not benefited in the past from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship for the same type of mobility (except for staff mobility);
- know the language of the courses and/or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting countries;
- respect the specific and additional criteria applicable to each type of mobility (undergraduate, master, doctorate, post-doctorate, administrative and academic staff);
- have successfully completed at least one year of their HEI studies (only for undergraduate students);
- be national of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or United Kingdom.
For more specific conditions please check “who can apply?” section.
FELLOW-MUNDUS project scholarships cover the following items:
- A monthly allowance;
- Tuition fee (if applicable);
- Insurance coverage (health, travel, accident);
- Travel expenses for one economy class round-trip.
Application deadline is 28 February 2014.
Latin American candidates can only apply to the European universities and European candidates can only apply to the Latin American universities.
Complete application covers motivation letter/mobility proposal; language skills; Social and multicultural competences; technical and computer skills; special situations- physical disabilities and economic problems along with academic transcripts for undergraduate and academic achievement, academic qualifications and publications for master/doctorate/post-doctorate/staff. Applicants must register online.
For further information, please visit the official website.