Deadline: 27 June 2014
Open to: youth between 9 and 25
Award: the 3 winners of the PLURAL+ Jury Award will each receive US$1,000. One representative of each PLURAL+ International Jury Award winner will be invited to New York having all travel expenses paid.
PLURAL + is a youth-produced video festival which encourages young people to explore migration, diversity and social inclusion, and to share their creative vision with the world. It is a joint initiative between the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations and the International Organization for Migration, with a network of over 50 partner organizations, who support the creative efforts of young people and distribute their videos worldwide. The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) again invite the world’s youth to submit original and creative videos focusing on the PLURAL+ themes: (1) migration, (2) diversity and (3) social inclusion.
Recognizing youth as powerful agents of social change in a world often characterized by intolerance, and cultural and religious divisions, PLURAL+ invites youth to address key challenges related to migrant integration, inclusiveness, identity, diversity, human rights and social cohesiveness, both at local and global levels. Young people up to 25 years old are invited to submit short videos of five minutes maximum in length.
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be youth between the ages of 9-25;
- The Entrant is the one person responsible for submitting the video;
- People appearing in the video do not have to be youth. However the videos must reflect the youth’s opinions or reflections about migration, diversity and social inclusion;
- Multiple youth may work together to make one video, as long as all members of the group are between the ages of 9-25;
- Other people involved in the making of the video (e.g. educators, teachers, instructors, etc.) might be over 25 as long as their creative role is minimal (for instance: group coordination, technical support, renting equipment, etc.);
- If multiple youth work together on one video then the video will be judged in the age category of the eldest youth;
- Immediate family members (siblings, children and grandchildren) of jurors for the PLURAL+ Video Festival are not eligible to enter the Video Festival.
- Preferably ALL videos should be submitted on DVDs, or through a file hosting website of choice (MediaFire, YouSendit, WeTransfer, etc.);
- Videos that are not in English must have English subtitles;
- All videos must be 5 minutes maximum of running time, including title and end credits.
More info on the consent and copyright, subject, as well as the use of the video, find HERE.
The PLURAL+ Jury Award prizes will be awarded in three age-based categories:
- 9 to 12 years old;
- 13 to 17 years old;
- 18 to 25 years old.
The PLURAL+ Jury Awards will be awarded to one entrant per category and will be selected by an independent international jury. The 3 winners of the PLURAL+ Jury Award will each receive US$1,000. One representative of each PLURAL+ International Jury Award winner will be invited to New York having all travel expenses paid, to present their work at the PLURAL+ 2014 Awards Ceremony at the Paley Center for Media in December 2014.
Additional awards will be given by collaborating partner agencies and may include equipment or professional opportunities.
Winning videos will receive broad recognition and exposure through wide multi-platform distribution of their work, including broadcast, satellite, internet, film festivals and DVD. Winning entrants will be notified no later than 18 October 2014. A prestigious international jury will announce the winners in New York during an event hosted at the Paley Center for Media early in December 2014 in New York.
The deadline for submission is: 27 June 2014 (midnight, US EST or GMT-5).
Check the official web-site.