Deadline: 6 August 2014 (CEST, noon time)
Open to: individuals with great overview of local startup scenes based in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia or Slovenia (one person per country will be selected)
Benefits: fully covered 2 days training on new media, startups in CEE and Austria, small budget for promoting inventures.eu in your local scene; access to selected international events as press staff; networking opportunities within the startups in CEE and Austria and more
Become an inventures scout!
Ideas are a dime a dozen. People who implement them are priceless – Mary Kay Ash, Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics.
Help inventures to uncover the best startups and founders from your country and gain experience in international media.
You can do this by becoming an inventures scout for: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia or Slovenia.
inventures is a fast growing media startup focused on covering startup ventures and founders from Central and Eastern Europe. After two years operation, inventures has covered over 1000 ventures and founders – many of them for the very first time. Now it is time to take things to another level. And you can be part of it!
Your tasks will include:
- Scouting for relevant startup news in the local media (browse/look and search for at least 5 stories per week and prepare a one-paragraph summary in English of each story for the inventures platform);
- Providing weekly updates on startup events in your country (you should be able to add/edit this directly on the inventures platform);
- Helping inventures to identify the most inspiring founders (for regular lead interviews or feature stories) ;
- Promoting inventures in the local startup scene in your country/city (small budges can be provided).
What is expected from you is:
- To have a great overview of the local startup scene;
- Excellent command of English and your local language;
- Good communication skills and being quick with responding;
- To be professional and fun;
- Be available on a weekly basis.
You will benefit:
- Fully covered 2 days training on new media, startups in CEE and Austria (location: Austria);
- Small budgets (which can be provided upon request) for promoting inventures in the local startup scene in your city;
- Access to selected international events as press staff;
- Connect with other scouts from the inventures network (regular web-conferences, Christmas party, training);
- inventures goodies bag.
How to Apply?
In order to apply you need to provide the following:
- Your CV in English;
- An example of your writing skills in English (article, essay, column, short story…);
- optional: Max. 2 minutes video with your introduction and answer to the question: “What business idea inspired you recently and why?”
You need to send the requirements to [email protected] by 6 August, 2014 (CEST, noon time). The assignment duration will be from September 2014 to February 2015.
IMPORTANT: Please also note that upon review of all the applications, skype interviews will follow in the period of August 9-11, 2014, therefore, please be available for fast e-mail communication in the period after the deadline.
For more information about inventures, please visit the official webpage HERE.