Deadline: February 4, 2016
Open to: students with a Master’s degree in a related field
Scholarship: tuition, medical insurance and around EUR 700/month
Central European University in Budapest, Hungary is a graduate-level “crossroads” university where faculty and students from more than 100 countries come to engage in interdisciplinary education, pursue advanced scholarship, and address some of society’s most vexing problems. It is accredited in both the United States and Hungary, and offers English-language Master’s and doctoral programs in the social sciences, the humanities, law, management and public policy.
2015/2016 admissions to the following doctoral programs are now open:
1. PhD in:
- Comparative Gender Studies
- Comparative History of Central, Southeastern and Eastern Europe
- Environmental Sciences and Policy
- Mathematics and its Applications
- Medieval Studies
- Political Science (Political Science, International Relations track, Specialization in Nationalism Studies)
- Sociology and Social Anthropology
- Philosophy in Network Science
2. Doctor of Juridical Sciences (SJD) giving students an opportunity to work towards a doctoral degree in law with a combination of independent research and coursework.
CEU doctoral programs normally take between three and six years to complete. CEU offers a competitive package to aid students on doctoral programs. Applicants to a CEU doctoral program are automatically considered for a Full Doctoral Fellowship. Students admitted to CEU doctoral degree programs are eligible to receive the Full CEU Doctoral Fellowship for up to three years.
- have a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field from a recognized university or institution of higher education,
- not be simultaneously enrolled in other institutions of higher education,
- demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting standardized English language test scores, e.g., the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or other substitute tests
The full doctoral scholarship covers tuition and medical insurance. In addition, full fellowship recipients are awarded a monthly stipend of HUF 220,000 ( EUR 700) calculated to cover educational and accommodation costs (Economics PhD students receive a monthly stipend of HUF 250,000 – EUR 800). Students need to budget additionally for travel, recreation, and incidentals, which can vary with the individual.
For full PhD please go HERE.
General Admission Requirements
- Complete online application available HERE;
- MA/MS/LLM degree for doctoral applicants;
- Proof of English proficiency;
- Letters of recommendation;
- Curriculum vitae.