Deadline: 26 October 2014
Open to: emerging leaders from Europe and North America interested in engaging with the Middle East and North Africa
Fellowship: accommodation, travel costs, small living allowance
The UNAOC (United Nations Alliance of Civilizations) Fellowship Programme was created recognizing the need to build bridges between cultures and societies through dialogue and cooperation. The objective of the Fellowship programme 2014 is to facilitate positive cooperation and understanding between the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and Europe and North America (EUNA) by supporting emerging leaders from these regions to develop a nuanced understanding of each other.
This year 15 emerging leaders from Europe and North America will visit three or four countries in the MENA region during the first half of December 2014. The exposure visit will allow fellows to engage with prominent personalities and institutions in areas such as Government, International Organizations, civil society, media, social impact entrepreneurs, religion and culture. It is expected that through gaining a deeper understanding of the MENA region, fellows will be better able to identify bridges for communication, social business opportunities and dialogue entry points between the two regions.
In order to be eligible for the fellowship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be national of USA, Canada or Europe;
- Be between 26-38 years old;
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Possess a passport valid at least 6 months beyond December 2014;
- Be available to travel for a period of up to 15 days in the first half of December 2014 as scheduled by UNAOC;
- Be professional in one of these areas: civil society organizations, traditional and social media, politics, government, community movements/initiatives, faith based organizations, social impact entrepreneurship, academia, think tanks or other field relevant to the objective of the programme.
The Fellowship Programme is made possible thanks to a grant of the German Federal Foreign Office. The Fellowship will cover accommodation, travel costs and a small living allowance.
The deadline to apply is 26 October 2014.
For further information please visit the official call.