Deadline: 31 January, 2015
Open to: Citizens from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia or Ukraine
Scholarships: Scholars are to receive EUR 2.300 per semester and can apply for a travel grant
The International Visegrad Fund offers Master’s and Post-Master’s scholarships awarded to selected scholars for periods of 1 or 2 semesters (with the exception of Master’s scholarships within the In-Coming scheme where 1– to 4-semester scholarships can be awarded).
In applying for a scholarship to the International Visegrad Fund, you can:
- Choose any academic field;
- Study in any language (the language of instruction is not limited);
- Choose a school of your choice, i.e., study at any accredited public or private university or any institute of science academies in the Visegrad countries (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, or Slovakia)—see links to universities;
- Study or conduct research at Masters (MA) or Post-Masters (PhD/postdoc) levels;
- Apply at any age—there is no age limit and one does not need to be a student when applying;
- Choose the length of study—between 1 to 4 semesters (depending on the program).
- Applicants have successfully completed at least 6 semesters of university studies (applies only to MA-level applicants);
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the following countries/territories: Albania, Armenia,Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova,Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, or Ukraine;
(Applicants from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, or Slovakia can apply, too, but within the Intra-Visegrad, or Out-Going Schemes)
- Applicants approach the host university/institute themselves;
- Applicants apply on-line and send the signed application form with accompanying documents by January 31, 2015 (see details).
- Scholars receive €2,300/semester and can apply for a travel grant;
- Host institution receives €1,500/semester for each scholarship holder to cover related costs (e.g. tuition);
- Scholars can re-apply (see Chapter II, Article 3 of the rules for further details);
- Scholars can join the growing Visegrad Alumni family.