Deadline: 9 January 2015
Open to: excellent students wishing to obtain a Master’s or Phd degree in French higher educations institutions
Scholarship: monthly stipend of €1,181 for master students or €1,400 for doctoral students
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme was established by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development to enable French higher education establishments to attract top foreign students to enroll in their master’s and PhD courses.
The Eiffel scholarships are available in three main fields:
- Engineering science at master’s level, science in the broadest sense at PhD level (engineering science; exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano- and biotechnology, earth sciences, sciences of the universe, environmental sciences, information and communication science and technology);
- Economics and management;
- Law and political sciences.
The programme is reserved for candidates of non-French nationality. For master’s courses, candidates must be no older than 30 years old and for the PhD program candidates must be below 35 years old. Students undertaking a course of study abroad take priority over those already living in France.
- Master’s level: the Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,181. In addition, the programe meets various expenses including return trip, social security cover and cultural activities. Scholarship-holders might also be eligible for additional accomodation allowance.
- PhD level: the Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,400. In addition, the programme meets various expenses including return travel, social security cover and cultural activities. Scholarship-holders might also be eligible for additional accommodation allowance.
The Eiffel Programme does not cover tuition fees.
Applications are not accepted from students directly. Applications for EIFFEL scholarships are submitted by French Higher Education Institutions. The French higher education institutions screen candidates they submit to the Eiffel program among foreign students they wish to receive for training. You must apply and meet the requirements of the French Institution in order to be considered for the scholarship.
The deadline for applications is 9 January 2015.
For further information please visit the official website.