Deadline: 15 December 2014
Open to: PhD candidates from EU and associated countries
Fellowship: €1,040 – €1,380 per week for living costs and a travel grant (depending of the institution)
The CENDARI project is a four-year collaborative research infrastructure project aimed at integrating digital archives and resources for medieval and modern European historical research. The focus is on two pilot areas for research: the First World War and medieval European culture. The project is funded by the European Commission’s Seventh Framework Programme for Research.
CENDARI fellowships will be available in a number of the partner institutions in 2015. These visiting research fellowships, which are funded by the European Union’s 7th Framework Programme for Research, are intended to support and stimulate research relevant to the objectives of the CENDARI project and its infrastructural host institutions by facilitating international access to key archives,specialist knowledge and collections in the partner institutions. In particular, the CENDARI project is committed to hosting early career scholars who aim to apply digital humanities methods to historical enquiry in the two pilot areas of: Medieval European Culture and First World War.
Fellowships are available to scholars and early career researchers for historical research at CENDARI partner institutions: Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, King’s College London, UK, National Library of the Czech Republic, Czech Republic, Göttingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH), University of Göttingen, Germany and University of Stuttgart and Library of Contemporary History, Germany.
- Applicant is at PhD student level or above;
- Applicant works or studies in an institution established in an EU Member State or associated state (Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova);
- Applicant must work/study in a country other than the country where the CENDARI host institution is established;
- Research proposal is realistic and appropriate for the selected host institution(s).
The stipend rate for accommodation and living costs for CENDARI Fellows at the one of the partner institution varies from €1,040 – €1,380 per week. An additional amount of €200 is available to each fellow to cover travel costs to and from the city that the Fellow will take his fellowship.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 15th December 2014
All application materials must be submitted in English and via email to [email protected]. The application must include the following:
- A completed application form;
- A curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages);
- Name and contact details for a referee who is familiar with the applicant’s work and may be contacted directly by CENDARI;
- In the case of applications by Ph.D. students, the application should include a signed letter of recommendation from their supervisor;
- A proposal (1,500 words maximum).